99008 ABCs of VFDs - TRAINING ON DEMAND
Training On Demand
Although Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) are common in water and wastewater treatment plants for collection and distribution systems, the value they provide and how to properly select and use them are often not fully understood. This presentation will demystify VFDs, providing a better understanding as to where and why you would use them.
Attendees will leave with the ability to:
• Be aware of safety considerations.
• Identify applications that can benefit from VFDs.
• Understand the inherent value they provide.
• Recognize what needs to be considered to appropriately size and select VFDs.
• Be aware of proper installation considerations for a successful solution.
This course was recorded on December 9, 2020 during the Maine Rural Water Association's 40th Annual Technical Conference and Tradeshow.
Approved for 1.5 TCHs for Water Operators