Water Operator - Mechanic Falls Water Department
The Mechanic Falls Water Department is seeking
a full-time Water Operator.
The primary responsibility of this position is the operation and maintenance of the Town’s water treatment and distribution system. The successful candidate must have the ability and desire to function in a team environment, positive communication, the ability to also work alone when needed and a willingness to learn and listen. This position offers a competitive benefit package and a starting pay of $17.50. If you currently have a water operator's license starting pay can be negotiated.
- Assisting in the day to day operations including tending to the pumping station
- Reading water meters on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Answer questions and provide information to the public, troubleshooting any complaints and taking corrective action
- Perform preventative maintenance as required on chemical systems, pumps, valves, buildings, storage tanks and vehicles
- Obtain distribution, source and process samples
- Installation, maintenance, and repair of water mains, hydrants, service lines and related valves and fittings
- Maintaining the facilities, both inside and outside
- The schedule requires being on call every other weekend and some holidays
- Be able to lift 60-80 pounds and walk extended distances
- Learn and follow rules and regulations including OSHA regulations, Maine Bureau of Labor Standards, and other state and federal regulations.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain a class 2 water operator license for both plant and distribution within two years of employment
Please send a resume or completed application to Michelle Emery at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jacob Verrill at email@example.com. Call the office at (207)345-5351 with any questions on the position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applications can be found at: JOB APPLICATION