Water District Superintendent - South Berwick
Position Title: Water District Superintendent
Salary: $80,000 - $110,000
The primary mission of all South Berwick Water District employees is to provide the Water District’s customers with the most efficient and effective services in the delivery of safe and clean water. All employees are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner.
The Superintendent reports to and accepts direction from the Board of Trustees. The Superintendent is responsible for the direct supervision of all the Water District employees as well as the operation and maintenance of all aspects of the water pumping, filtering and distribution. The Superintendent is responsible for compliance with the District’s Federal, State and local regulations relating to the public water supply. The Superintendent is responsible for assignment of day to day tasks to Water District personnel, making necessary adjustments to ensure that all phases of operation are running efficiently and within established parameters. The Superintendent assumes all responsibility for the necessary documentation to state and federal agencies such as the Maine DWP, Maine PUC and EPA, as well as any other pertinent organizations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable to the Board of Trustees for District Operations, the incumbent is responsible for all areas and aspects of the District’s activities, Operational, Financial, and administrative.
- Primary duties of the Superintendent are manage the Water District operations and supervision of the water employees and the effective and efficient operation and maintenance of the Water District’s operating systems.
- The incumbent is a resource to the Board of Trustees, keeping the Board informed by supplying relevant, up to date information on a regular basis.
- Prepares the Districts proposed operating budget. Presents the proposed budget to the Board of Trustees for review and approval. Administers District expenditures within approved budget. Propose capital improvement projects for approval. Plans and coordinates capital improvement expenditure.
- Propose operational changes, expenses, policies, and goals to the Board for approval. Obtain Board approval on items needing such approval under established policies of the District.
- Respond to customer concerns, complaints, and requests in a timely professional courteous manner.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Supervise the work of employees engaged in the operation and maintenance of the water treatment plant , and oversee the training of the department employees;
- Implement and enforce Water Districts policies and procedures;
- Prepare and coordinate employee work schedules;
- Conduct employee evaluations, oversee employee disciplinary action, update all personnel files, and interview job applicants;
- Order and maintain required chemicals, equipment, parts and supplies
- Conduct and evaluate studies on the efficiency of treatment processes and methods;
- Oversee all aspects of the Wellhead Protection Program;
- Perform maintenance, housekeeping, and related equipment upkeep;
- Perform needed tasks that involve physical labor such as tank cleaning, water meter reading, landscaping, shoveling, and operating power equipment such as backhoe’s, trucks (non-CDL);
- Assist in monitoring, inspecting and maintaining the water treatment plant and water storage facilities for potential problems;
- Use independent judgement in collecting and analyzing samples, interpreting metering data and SCADA display screens, determining chemical feed rates and computing data on log sheets;
- Install, maintain and repair pipes, meters, gate valves, fire hydrants, and other water system components;
- Assist in the conducting sample preparation and analysis and equipment cleaning;
- Prepare periodic reports as required;
- Respond to customer questions and complaints;
- Attend scheduled meetings, respond to emergency situations, and be on a rotating call schedule; Assist other departments when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Trustees.
- Work with, Contractor’s, Architect's, Engineer’s, Lawyers, Consultants, and any trades or parties on issues possibly affecting the Water District’s systems.
Send letters of interest and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the button below to read the full job posting: