Multiple Openings - Freeport Sewer District
Freeport Sewer District has Immediate openings for:
Wastewater Operator Trainee
Collection System Operator
Equipment Maintenance Tech
Are you ready to make a positive impact on the environment and the community? We have an exciting opportunity for you! We need your help maintaining a cleaner, healthier environment by treating wastewater. Our facility plays a crucial role in safeguarding the Harraseeket River and Casco Bay.
As a Wastewater Treatment Operator, you will be a vital part of our dedicated team responsible for operating and maintaining our wastewater treatment plant.
Your role will include:
- Monitoring and regulating treatment processes
- Performing routine maintenance and repairs
- Conducting laboratory tests
- Ensuring compliance with environmental regulations
- Collaborating with a skilled and supportive team
These are full time, year round positions. These positions also include a spot in the rotating weekend duty schedule, after the probationary period. Entry level candidates start at $23/hr. The hourly wage will be higher based on experience and certification level.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Relevant experience in wastewater treatment (preferred)
- Knowledge of water quality standards and regulations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- All Federal Holidays
- Two weeks vacation to start
- Personal time
- Sick time
- 11% matching retirement
How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in any of the positions to email@example.com.