Distribution Technician (Levels 1, 2, or 3) - Kennebec
The Kennebec Water District is seeking qualified
candidates to fill a Distribution Technician vacancy
in our Distribution Department.
This skilled position is part of a team with responsibilities for construction, operations, and maintenance on over 170 miles of buried water lines and accessory fittings and components.
The Distribution Technician position offers:
- Year-round outside construction and maintenance activities
- Steady work hours
- Stable employment (no seasonal layoffs and not subject to booms and busts of the economy)
- Regular work location – no travel for routine work duties
- Exceptional safety standards
- Various construction methods, equipment, and tools
- Modern and well-maintained equipment and vehicles
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Satisfaction in making a positive difference in the communities we serve – safe drinking
water is essential to life and health
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Paid leave
- Vacation - up to 10 vacation days available in your first year
- Holidays – 12 paid holidays per year
- Paid sick and parental leave
- Employer contribution toward the Maine Public Employee Retirement System
This position requires you to work an on-call rotation and be available for emergency call-ins.
Hourly Pay Rate: $17 -$31 per hour depending upon education, years of experience, and commercial driver’s license class. Additional per hour increases are available for candidates with a State of Maine water distribution license.
The successful candidate must be able to display an exceptional work ethic, strong mechanical skills set and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Distribution Technicians perform varied duties associated with Kennebec Water District construction projects and maintenance of system assets. Workload can vary from light to heavy in physical demands and in varying weather conditions.
Distribution Technicians are required to obtain a commercial driver’s license within a negotiated period.
An employment application can be found at: www.kennebecwater.org.