Road Opening Permits - BMPs
* Registration open until 2/10/23 at 5:00 PM ()
Topics for discussion include:
- Damage prevention laws and rules for both facility operators and excavators
- Pre-marking techniques for proposed excavation sites
- Methods for working safely around underground facilities
- Safety protocol if an underground facility is damaged
- Enforcement and regulation processes
- Potential hazards of utility damage, lessons learned
- Q&A; group discussion
Class Fee: $120 Members | $160 Non-Members
State Agency Approval:
Maine BLWSO: 4.0 TCHs for Water Operators
Maine DEP: 4.0 TCHs for Wastewater Operators
Lisa Powers – Dig Safe
Lisa Powers started at Dig Safe in 1989 working part-time as a customer service representative while earning her communication degree from Emerson College. Shortly after graduating in 1994, she began serving as the Public Relations Director for the not-for-profit organization. Lisa is responsible for Dig Safe’s annual public awareness campaign, website, and all training and outreach materials for member companies and excavators throughout her five-state territory in New England.
Barry Truman – Maine PUC
Barry works for the Maine Public Utilities Commission as a Damage Prevention Investigator. He investigates utility strikes that occur during excavation projects. He is also a Master Electrician and lives in Gardiner, Maine.
Bob Briggs – Centerline Utility Services
Bob has over 30 years of experience in the utility field. He started as a locate technician and quickly moved into a management roll for having a great safety and damage free record. He managed Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont before starting his own company. Centerline has grown rapidly, thanks to his knowledge and his utility service reputation.
This class was updated to be a fully VIRTUAL event!
If you were planning on attending as a walk-in please contact us (info listed below) to receive a Zoom link.
Note: Zoom connection information will be sent to each registrant one day prior to the session date.
- Call dial-in number provided in Zoom email invitation
- Connect with your computer by clicking on link in Zoom email invitation
- If your computer does not have a microphone, you’ll need to both call in to listen and be heard and connect with your computer to view the PowerPoint presentation.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Individuals registered for one of MRWA’s training classes or seminars will be charged the class fee if we have not received notice of cancellation at least five (5) business days prior to the class. Anyone contacting MRWA to cancel enrollment in a class will receive a cancellation number. In the event of an emergency, which would prevent attendance, please contact us at 207-737-4092 as soon as possible.