Combined Sewer Overflows
* Registration open until 2/14/23 at 5:00 PM (EST)
This session will cover the following topics:
- What is a “Combined Sewer Overflow”?
- When do CSOs happen?
- Why do CSOs happen?
- Why do CSOs exist?
- What are the impacts of CSOs?
- How widespread are CSOs in Maine, and how are they regulated?
- What is being done to eliminate them?
Class Fee: $45 Members | $60 Non-Members
State Agency Approval:
Maine DEP: 1.5 TCHs for Wastewater Operators
Michael Riley – Maine Department of Environmental Protection
Michael Riley holds a bachelor’s degree in biology from Bates (1980) and civil engineering from University of Maine (1989). He’s been a licensed Professional Engineer in Maine for the last 30 years. He’s worked with over 65 publicly owned water and wastewater utilities throughout New England during a 23-year career as a consultant for three Maine engineering firms. Michael was also the Superintendent of a Public Water Utility for 5 years, the Brewer Water Department, which serves 10,000 people in the Greater Bangor region. He joined the Maine DEP in 2016 as a Senior Environmental Engineer and CSO Abatement Coordinator.
THIS IS A VIRTUAL EVENT!
Note: Zoom connection information will be sent to each registrant one day prior to the session date.
- Call dial-in number provided in Zoom email invitation
- Connect with your computer by clicking on link in Zoom email invitation
- If your computer does not have a microphone, you’ll need to both call in to listen and be heard and connect with your computer to view the PowerPoint presentation.
Amanda Brill, via (207) 737-4092 ex. 423 or email@example.com.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Individuals registered for one of MRWA’s training classes or seminars will be charged the class fee if we have not received notice of cancellation at least five business days prior to the class. Anyone contacting MRWA to cancel enrollment in a class will receive a cancellation number. In the event of an emergency, which would prevent attendance, please contact us at 207-737-4092 as soon as possible.