Water and wastewater utilities communications with the public have been challenged by the COVID-19 pandemic. These challenges will continue as the world adjusts to the "new normal". Technology has been quick to respond to the communication needs of business and industry, and there are many choices on the market today. This FREE course is designed to help you make the right decision for your utility.
This course provides:
- an overview of the basics of electronic communication
- a review of existing communication platforms
- an objective comparison of platforms with an eye toward our industry's needs
- provide platform recommendations with a review of key functions, abilities, and limitations
- a comparison of price points and levels of subscription for the recommended platforms
The video portion of this course was recorded on April 9, 2020, and was led by Tom Bahun, III.
This course was approved for 1.5 TCHs by the Maine DEP (MRWA200416) and 1.5 TCHs by the the Maine BLWSO (190-0420-MRW).
Funding for this course was provided by the Maine Drinking Water Program and the US Environmetnal Protection Program.
What to expect:
This course is provided in an "on-demand" format. Once your registration is accepted, we will send an email link to the address you provided so that you may log in and access the course. You will have 3 days to log in to the course and 2 weeks to complete the course. We will send your TCH certificate once the course is completed. More than on person may view the course, however, credit hours will only be awarded to one person.