Source Water Protection 101 & Emerging Issues
Topics to be covered during this session include:
- Review of source protection basics
- Online state databases
- Emerging issues including drought, solar arrays, and marijuana-growing operations.
Class #92102, Wednesday, September 30, 9:00 am, 1.5 hours OR
Class #92103, Wednesday, October 7, 9:00 am, 1.5 hours OR
Class #92104, Wednesday, October 14, 9:00 am, 1.5 hours
Location: This will be a live 1.5-hour virtual class.
Fee: $60 (This class is funded through USEPA and MRWA. The participant fee reflects the expenses incurred in the development, preparation, and presentation of this seminar, as well as ancillary expenses such as administrative time.)
Note: Zoom connection information will be sent to each registrant 2-3 days prior to each session. Connection options:
- Call dial-in number provided in Zoom email invitation
- Connect with your computer by clicking on link in Zoom email invitation
- If your computer does not have a microphone, you’ll need to both call in to listen and be heard and connect with your computer to view the PowerPoint presentation.
- If possible, a copy of the PowerPoint presentation will be attached to the Zoom email invitation.
State Agency Approval
Maine BLWSO: 1.5 TCHs for Water Operators (Pending)
Susan Breau is a hydrogeologist and Licensed Geologist in Maine. She leads the Water Resources Team at the Maine Drinking Water Program, which works on source protection, water system security and emergency response. Susan ran the Source Water Protection Program at Maine Rural Water Association for 15 years prior to joining the DWP.
Ashley Hodge has a master’s degree in Earth and Environmental Science and is the new Source Water Protection Coordinator for the Drinking Water Program. She works within the Water Resources Team looking at source water protection, emerging contaminants, emergency preparedness, response, and recovery
For more information call 207-737-4092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MRWA is a fully approved Maine Department of Environmental Protection
and Maine BLWSO training provider.