Gadgets & Gizmos
This 1 ½ hour virtual session will include several technologies/work arounds/gizmos that will help our operators (water/wastewater) in the field. Participants will learn about new tools and materials to improve efficiency as well as tools of the trade that were built or adapted to meet the need in the field. Also covered will be some older but still very current tools and tips of the trade to perform their jobs easier and safer.
A sampling of the discussion points:
- Hand Pump - battery operated - used to assist and find valves/services during flooding -
- Service Line Puller Kit - used to pull water service lines so as to eliminate the need to dig, or in the alternative, reduce the area necessary for digging
- Composite Manhole covers - framing covers that connect to GIS mapping opportunities
- Rounded Nut Grabber - Gate Valve Kep and deep well socket - allows for operation on the gate valve without stripping the nut
- Ratcheting Gate Valve - broadens opportunity for use without stripping the nut on the valve
June 22, 2020, Monday – 8:30 am
June 30, 2020, Tuesday – 8:30 am
Location: This will be a live 1 ½ hour virtual class.
Fee: $45 per member ---- $60 per non-member
Note: Zoom connection information will be sent to each registrant 3 days prior to each session. Connection options:
- Call dial-in number provided in Zoom email invitation
- Connect with your computer by clicking on link in Zoom email invitation
- If your computer does not have a microphone, you’ll need to both call in to listen and be heard and connect with your computer to view the PowerPoint presentation.
- If possible, a copy of the PowerPoint presentation will be attached to the Zoom email invitation.
State Agency Approval
Maine BLWSO: 1.5 TCHs for Water Operators (Pending)
Maine DEP: 1.5 TCHs for Wastewater Operators (Pending)
Instructor: Ray Morang, Safety, Training and Service Manager – Everett J. Prescott, Inc.
For the past 8 years, Ray Morang has been the Safety, Training, and Service Manager for EJ Prescott in Gardiner, ME. In addition to his many administrative responsibilities in overseeing the company's safety, training, and services, he also completes field training and inspections to their Service Technicians. Ray has worked as a service technician for EJP for 11 years, where he worked on water and sewer mains. During that time, he gained experience on taps, quick valves, pressure testing, and chlorinating water mains. He also has experience in developing safety procedures at a metal fabrication shop and has worked at the former Maine Yankee.
Instructor: Derek Session, Quality Water Products – Everett J. Prescott, Inc.
Derek session is marketing representative for Quality Water Products. Quality water products is a sister company of EJ Prescott that specializes in the fabrication of DI pipe, Specialty castings, and tools. Derek has worked for Quality Water Products for the last 5 years. Before joining Quality Water Products, Derek gained his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Maine (Orono). He is currently a member of NEWEA Collections committee & AWWA Young Professionals.
For more information call 207-737-4092 or email email@example.com
MRWA is a fully approved Maine Department of Environmental Protection
and Maine BLWSO training provider.