Concepts and Skills
This one-hour course is intended for those in leadership roles with a supervisory or managerial capacity. Whether you are new to the role or you have been leading your team for years, this course will expand your awareness of important leadership concepts and skills that will enhance your ability to effectively lead others.
We kindly request that you complete the abbreviated leadership skills survey upon registering. Your answers will assist us in offering you a targeted training opportunity that focuses on matters of importance to you in your role as a supervisor/manager.
- Expand your awareness of various leadership styles through facilitated discussion
- Build skills for managing conflict that allow for better relationships at work
- Develop your ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Improve critical listening skills for better interpersonal relations
- Explore how best to increase and maintain employee engagement
- Learn how to set expectations, confirm understanding, and follow up
June 2, 2020 – 9:00 am
June 3, 2020 – 9:00 am
June 4, 2020 – 9:00 am
June 10, 2020 – 9:00 am
Location: This will be a live one-hour virtual class.
Fee: Free (This class is funded through the State of Maine Financial Circuit Rider Grant.)
Note: Zoom connection information will be sent to each registrant 3 days prior to each session and the morning of. Connection options are:
- Call dial-in number provided in Zoom email invitation
- Connect with your computer by clicking on link in Zoom email invitation
- If your computer does not have a microphone, you will need to both call in to listen and be heard and connect with your computer to view the PowerPoint presentation.
- If possible, a copy of the PowerPoint presentation will be attached to the Zoom email invitation.
No training contact hours for this session. However, a certificate of attendance will be provided for all participants.
Instructor: Elliott Cumming
For over twenty-five years Elliott has been working to help groups and individuals develop in a variety of settings. He began his career as an instructor for Outward Bound which took him around the world working for six different programs on three continents. From those early days through to a more recent period as an in-house facilitator and consultant for General Dynamics, he has retained an affinity for the experiential approach, and infuses his programs with participation and interaction to whatever degree possible. Whether working with small work teams, organizing initiatives for entire departments, or delivering leadership forums, Elliott’s comfortable style, self-effacing humor, and precise preparation and follow-up promotes participation and elicits results.
For more information call 207-737-4092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MRWA is a fully approved Maine Department of Environmental Protection
and Maine BLWSO training provider.