Harassment in the Workplace
This session will cover both sexual harassment and hostile work environment. The session objectives are:
- Understanding what constitutes harassment in the workplace.
- What harassment in the workplace feels like, sounds like and looks like.
- Reducing potential harassment in the workplace through respect and kindness.
- The importance of reporting any sort of harassment.
The first part of this workshop is for all participants and will take about 45 minutes including time for Q & A. The second part is for anyone in a supervisory/managerial role. It is required by state law that supervisors/managers receive additional training for their roles. The total workshop length is 1 ½ hours.
May 20, 2020 – 1:30 pm
June 1, 2020 – 1:30 pm
June 4, 2020 – 1:30 pm
Location: This will be a live 1 ½ hour virtual class.
Fee: Free (This class is funded through the State of Maine Financial Circuit Rider Grant.)
Note: Zoom connection information will be sent to each registrant 3 days prior to each session and the morning of. Connection options are:
- Call dial-in number provided in Zoom email invitation
- Connect with your computer by clicking on link in Zoom email invitation
- If your computer does not have a microphone, you will need to both call in to listen and be heard and connect with your computer to view the PowerPoint presentation.
- If possible, a copy of the PowerPoint presentation will be attached to the Zoom email invitation.
No training contact hours for this session. However, a certificate of attendance will be provided for all participants.
Instructor: Terri Swanson, Human Resources Consultant
Terri is proud to have served as Director of Human Resources at Witham Family Hotels for 8 years, and Director of Volunteer Services and Maine Coast Lifeline at Maine Coast Memorial Hospital for 10 years. She is a long-standing member of SHRM and serves as a board member for Northeastern Workforce Development Board. People are Terri’s passion, and she feels blessed to have spent her professional life working to inspire and grow her teammates and coworkers. She has extensive experience cultivating a healthy company culture and developing employee engagement and morale in the workplace. Terri places immense value on servant leadership and encourages education and building your people at every opportunity!
For more information call 207-737-4092 or email email@example.com
MRWA is a fully approved Maine Department of Environmental Protection
and Maine BLWSO training provider.